Thursday 27 August 2015

Estee Lauder Double wear foundation and powder review


I purchased Estee Lauder's Double wear foundation in the colour 1C0 Shell (£30) and their powder in the colour 1N2 Ecru (£33)








Foundation
On Estee Lauder's website they say this Foundation has 15 Hours of staying power and the coverage is Medium but buildable, This foundation is great for coverage as it hides every red mark or blemish, however I don't think its one that you can put on in the morning and that will last all day, When I've wore it I put it on at 7am and by lunch time I need to use powder to hide the bit the makeup has faded or rubbed off and gone patchy. I also feel its a bit too heavy to be wearing all day ever day, I opt to use the foundation as my special occasion and for a night out where you was a bit more coverage. If you're looking for a natural and light coverage foundation for your day to day business this foundation is definitely not for you, I would suggest Nars sheer glow or Sephora teint infusion.

This foundation also has SPF 10 which is always great for some extra protection from the sun, But would I wear the foundation in hot weather? No probably not, This foundation is very heavy duty and I feel it would melt of my face in any kind of heat.

Price wise, Estee Lauder is a fantastic foundation and its worth paying the money, When I do wear this foundation on nights out I get plenty of compliments and it does look great.It is definitely a pricey purchase so I would recommend thinking about it, Maybe go into the store and try the foundation and see how you feel about it.




Powder

On Estee Lauder's website they say this Powder has 8 Hours of staying power and the coverage is Medium but buildable. The great thing about this powder is that you can use it to set your makeup or as a powder foundation due to it's Medium and buildable coverage. Again with this product I feel it does need touched up during the day but it does look great. I may use this powder on it's own during the day but it I was using this to set my makeup then I would use it in the evening. 

This powder again like the foundation had SPF 10 which is great for protection in the sunny weather. 

Price wise, again this powder is quite price but definitely worth it if its what you're looking for. I love the packaging for this product as the mirror is great for if you're on the go and can be used as your hand bag mirror.








Drugstore version of this foundation? 

I would say if you're looking for a foundation that is the same coverage as this but half the price then definitely look into buying Revlon Colour stay.  It is just as good as Estee Lauder but at £12.99 it is a cheaper alternative. You can also purchase a Revlon colour stay powder for £10.99 which is great for setting the makeup.






Love,

Spare bit of Sparkle! x


Email-sparebitofsparkle@gmail.com
Twitter-@bitof_sparkle



No comments:

Post a Comment